Whitley Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sue White of Whitley Parish about ....Wind Farm

Go down

Sue White of Whitley Parish about ....Wind Farm Empty Sue White of Whitley Parish about ....Wind Farm

Post  Admin Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Sue White of Whitley Parish Council states...

Unfortunately I was unable to go to the meeting about the proposed windfarm. I think we should do our bit in the fight against global warming, and I am in principle supportive of having one locally. Also, I think the turbines are quite attractive! (There are some scenic ones on the way to Skipton).

I think we should use the opportunity of having a windfarm in our back yard to negotiate other benefits for the communities in Whitley and Eggborough. For example, perhaps we could ask for a 20% rebate in electricity costs for all local residents to reflect the fact that we have (potentially) a windfarm, and also one of the largest coal-fired power stations, right on our doorstep. Let's try it! Also, I think we should ask for a spur to be built from the M62 motorway to Gale Common to avoid the need for lorries carrying heavy waste from the power station or the mine trundling through Whitley. Also, let's ask for funds to pay for mains gas into Whitley - we are fed up with paying high LPG bills. Finally, why not locate the windfarm on Gale Common itself? The name is appropriate, and to me, it seems an ideal to place to ensure that the turbines spin furiously! Also, it will then be a bit further away from our villages.

I agree with fellow bloggers about the dangerous eyesore at the end of Lea Lane. The Parish Council has written to NYCC to complain - we need to follow this up and get some action as soon as possible.

Admin
Admin

https://whitleyblog.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down