Whitley Blog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News)

3 posters

Go down

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News) Empty Map of proposed Darringfield development

Post  smeatons Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:33 am

To help people understand the area covered by the proposed Darringfield development, you can view a map here:

Map of Darringfield

Click on the map for a closer look.

smeatons

Back to top Go down

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News) Empty New Selby Hospital with only 24 beds!!!!!!

Post  jackfrost01@gmail.com Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:10 am

lol! Now this is funny! lol!

John Grogan who is supporting the Willow Green Eco-town, has worked to obtain a new hospital in Selby with 24 beds, with Willow Green supposedly having up to 15,000 houses, lets hope none of those people get sick affraid. If only 1% of them require hospital treatment (150), then the new hospital is already 126 beds short!!

Why is MP Grogan not shouting louder for more money and more beds??? Shocked Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

jackfrost01@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News) Empty Rundown of local hospitals and continued flooding?

Post  jackfrost01@gmail.com Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:12 am

John McCartney has been chirping on about Pontefract hospital being run down and facilities being moved to Pinderfields and/or York. How can this be justified if 35,000 homes are to be built on our doorstep?

We know from previous experience over the last 2 years, that majority of land proposed for these developments has been flooded during heavy rain spells, why are developers allowed planning permission on this land - are'nt enough people already suffering with high insurance excess payments?

I moved into this area because I do not wish to live in a town. Property in rural areas is at a high cost, it now appears that my house will loose value because of these developments - is the government going to compensate me and others? My house is my pension plan, big house in country - keep for 10/15 years then downsize and use money to subsidise my pension. Its obvious that these developments have now blown my plans out-of-the-water. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat??

jackfrost01@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News) Empty Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News)

Post  Admin Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:05 am

I note that the Councillors for Eggborough ward have contacted you with a brief message about eco-towns and specifically about the proposal for a development of 6-15,000 houses – “Willow Green” at Eggborough.

You may already have been aware of this from last weeks press coverage in the Selby papers, but if not then I am able to provide more details to your next parish council meeting or a special one if you choose to call one.

In addition, the Osgoldcross Forum have arranged a special meeting at Eggborough Social Club on Feb 7th in order to give more details, to which I am assured, all parish councillors in the Osgoldcross Division have been invited.

I would urge you to attend that meeting or arrange for myself and Sue Ryder to come and discuss with you at your own meetings.

Clearly, whilst not in our ward, a development of this nature at Eggborough would clearly have an impact on most of the villages around, and particularly Hensall, Beal and Whitley.

It is important that we get to know what you think, in order to make proper representation to Government

– when they get round to consulting us, which so far I regret to say has not happened……

At the same time, I need to inform you about a second eco-town proposal for 15-20,000 houses, known as “Darringfield” – which as you might guess from the name is north east of Darrington. It is approx 40% on the Wakefield side of the boundary and 60% on the Selby side and stretches from the A1/M62 interchange down past Cridling Stubbs to Womersley and back along to Darrington.

I have already had discussions with the Parish Council Chairs at Cridling Stubbs and Womersley, and am happy to attend both their and your meetings to discuss this also.

I think it important to say that in my view it would be exceedingly unlikely that both of the above sites would be selected, as there are to be 10 in total nationwide (– that is England only)

But as I said earlier in my message, it is important that Sue and I – as your councillors – know what you think, in order to make proper representation to Government.

Selby District Council and North Yorkshire County Council were not consulted on these proposals, only informed of them.

Both Councils are working hard together to shape a proper response to Government office

- and you can help.

Please contact myself or Sue Ryder at givey@selby.gov.uk or sryder@selby.gov.uk

Or call me on 01977-620110.

Regards

Gillian Ivey

Admin
Admin

https://whitleyblog.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News) Empty Re: Willow Green AND Darringfield??? (Whitley Ward News)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down